Combing through the Crossover Segment Can be a Challenge–See How the New Kia Sportage Compares to the Honda CR-V in our Thorough Assessment
There’s a reason that the crossover SUV segment of automobiles has absolutely sky-rocketed in popularity in recent years: drivers from Flemington, NJ and beyond are smitten with the SUV-like capability these sporty vehicles bring to the table, while managing fuel economy comparable to sedans and wearing affordable price tags.
Needless to say, crossover shoppers will have their work cut out for them when it comes to sifting through the many options, but we here at Fred Beans Kia of Flemington are here to help make sure you make the best possible decision for your family’s unique needs.Â Take a look at the comparison we’ve conducted below to see how two big names in the world of small SUVs–the Kia Sportage and Honda CR-V–stack up in the areas of affordability, long-term value, and capability. Then, feel free to be in touch with our team at any point to learn more about the newly redesigned 2017 Kia Sportage, available here at our showroom.
If you’ve been asking for a vehicle that’s built around your love of adventure and exploration, Kia heard you. They’re answer: the new Kia Sportage, available to Flemington drivers at Fred Beans Kia of Flemington. Explore the ways the Sportage overpowers its competition on the roads in North Brunswick, Warrington, Trenton, Bridgewater, and Princeton.
The New Kia Sportage vs. Honda CR-V
- Affordability: Looking for the affordable option? Look no further than the new Kia Sportage, which has a base MSRP that is over $1,000 less than the base Honda CR-V MSRP.
- Performance: The new Kia Sportage has a more powerful engine. The Sportage SX Turbo trim level packs 237 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. That’s almost 50 horsepower and over 80 pound-feet of torque more than the comparable CR-V model. Not to mention that the Sportage can tow 500 pounds more than the CR-V… at any trim level.
- Entertainment: While both come with AM/FM radio, auxiliary inputs, CD and MP3 players, only the Sportage comes with standard satellite radio. Honda expects you to pay more to get that in a higher level CR-V. No matter what you listen to, you’ll enjoy the available premium sound system found in the Sportage… and nowhere to be found in the CR-V.
- Comfort: Heated seats are nice on cold days, but how can a vehicle take care of you on hot days? The Sportage has your back, with an available ventilated driver seat. Your passengers deserve to enjoy the ride as well, which is why the Sportage also has available passenger seat lumbar support. Neither feature are available in the CR-V.
- Automatic Climate Control (6)
- Fog Lights (26)
- Heated Seats (44)
- Heated Side Mirrors (2)
- Leather Seats (23)
- Navigation System (8)
- Parking Sensors / Assist (8)
- Power Liftgate (8)
- Power Seats (41)
- Push Button Starting (2)
- Rearview Camera (60)
- Roof Rack (44)
- Side-Impact Air Bags (60)
- Steering Wheel Controls (60)
- Sunroof / Moonroof (16)
- Tow Hitch/Tow Package (4)